|Home||» Products||» Bitumen||» Bitumen|
Supported by rich vendor base and determined efforts of our personnel, we are able to produce an unmatched range of Natural Bitumen. These are largely used in industrial sectors for various applications including lamination, manufacture of caulking compounds, joint filling, rubber extend and battery sealing. Procured from our authentic vendors spread around the globe, our Natural Bitumen is only processed from premium quality compounds. For safe delivery, we offer bitumen in air tight containers.
- Protection against acid alkali reactions
- Water proof
- Ensure good elasticity
a. Polymer Modified Bitumen Ã¢â¬â PMB:
Flexible pavements constitute major portion of existing Road Network and Airfields in India.
Polymer Modified Bitumen meets the requirements in accordance with PMB of IS 15462-2004, I.R.C: 53-2004/IRC: 53-2010 specifications designed for pavement applications.
Polymer Modified Bitumen is a highly specialized blend of Bitumen with high quality polymer (Elastomeric) manufactured with a specially blended feed, making the binder homogenous and storage stable. It enhances the key properties of asphalt mixes, i.e. deformation resistance and fatigue life and provides overall extended pavement life. Polymer Modified Bitumen can be used in asphalt mix designs which result in the manufacture of cohesive asphalt mix with good elasticity suitable for type of traffic.
- PMB 120: Recommended for cold climate areas
- PMB 70: Recommended for moderate climate areas
- PMB 40: Recommended for hot climate areas
b. Crumb Rubber Modified Bitumen Ã¢â¬â CRMB:
RoadStar CRMB is special type of bitumen whose properties have been improved by the addition of crumb rubber & special types of additives like hydrocarbon materials, resins etc. Altering the physical properties of bitumen makes it more resistant to temperature variations, weather & high traffic loads, leading to enhanced pavement life, reduced maintenance cost and excellent driving comfort.
CRMB can be used for wearing courses at heavy trafficked roads, busy intersections, bridge decks and roundabouts for increased life of the surfacing.
Types - CRMB 50, CRMB 55, CRMB 60
c. Industrial Bitumen:
We are committed to offer our valued clients an excellent range of Industrial Bitumen, this has been made possible with the assistance of our expert team who carefully observe our entire business processes. Numerously used in various industries, such as lamination, in joining caulking compounds fillers, rubber extenders, battery sealing compounds along with countless other application areas.
Some benefits are:
- Water proofed
- Less maintenance
- Customized service
- Protection against acid alkali reactions
- This should be continuously stirred to prevent local overheating
- STP Bitumen drums should be heated gradually till the bitumen melts
- Only the required quantity should be heated for the work in hand
- Not overheated or it will lose much of its properties
- Bitumen brought up to its normal working temperature
- Used with a brush by spreading a rubber squeegee
- Description: Industrial Bitumen is a dark, petroleum residue modified by the oxidation process. Its consistency ranges from highly viscous to solid. Industrial Bitumen is a safe and inexpensive material which has multiple uses in industry and a wide range of applications and has characteristics of Waterproofing, Plasticity, Adhesion and resistance towards acid and alkalis. It also makes an efficient electrical insulator, because it has excellent dielectric strength.
- Grades available: Grades 115/15, 30/40, 80/100, 85/25, 60/70, 90/15
- In building floors: damp-proofing and waterproofing; acid-alkali resistant flooring, conductive flooring; sparkless flooring
- In building/roofing: roofing felts, adhesives, primers, damp-proof coating compositions, liquid roof coatings, plastic cements and hot carriage roofing compounds
- Hydro projects: canal lining, embankment, hydraulic structure, dam lining protection and sand stabilisation.
- Roads: construction and maintenance
- Industrial use: lamination, manufacture of caulking compounds, joint fillers, rubber extenders, battery sealing compounds, cable filling compounds etc.
- Easy to apply
- Excellent durability
- Comparatively cheaper and widely available.
- Heat gradually till the bitumen melts completely. Heat the required quantity only.
- Continuously stir to prevent local overheating. A thermometer should be used to ensure that the bitumen is not overheated or it will lose much of its properties.
- Bitumen brought up to its normal working temperature is applied with a brush or by pouring and spreading using a rubber squeeze.
- Health & Safety use goggles, gumboots, nose covers and hand gloves during application
- Clean hands with warm soap water after application
- Packing: Available in 200 Kg drums or 25 kg cakes
- Storage: Keep in cool and dry place in air tight containers under shed away from heat